View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #82
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
D@MN, 'paws!!! Now that you mention it, I remember reading there were a lot of big block guys spinning those engines to like 7 or 8. I can't believe that, solid lifter or not. Even with technology nowadays, that's hard. I mean to do it reliably, aren't people running shaft-mount rockers, titanium valves and such, and billet cranks and rods? These were stock engines, and they weren't even blue-printed, where they?...

Thanks for the video. That was friggin' cool. The last stock engine I heard that sounded that good was a Gen IV LS7, LOL!
Back in the day, I ran my bone stock (not balanced, not blue printed, no special parts) '69 Z/28 very often to 7,500 RPM, the only issue I ever had was some collapsed valve springs which the dealer was not going to cover under warranty (accused me of abusing the engine believe it or not!). Once I ranted and raved with the zone service rep for two days they did fix it under warranty. I was back in the dealer a couple of months later and the service manager came over and apologized, it seems I was just the first one they saw with that issue, there had been a run of springs tempered incorrectly and they had several Zs come in with the same issue. I loved that high winding DZ302, I really wish I had never sold it.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote