View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #27
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA CHEVY View Post
I thought it was my understanding that as long as the vehicle itself is registered in said state (to stick to the example the car is registered in Nevada with Nevada plates) that because the window tint is legal in Nevada you can't be cited for it in California during your visit. I may be incorrect on that but to use a personal example I had a friend of mine who moved to Arizona and registered is SRT10 in AZ with his new address. He came back to CA to pickup the last of his stuff and was pulled over for window tint however after the officer noticed the car was registered in Arizona he let him go and just told him to watch his windows during his visit here. Anyone in the line of work to give us a final ruling on this? (i.e. law enforcement officers whether it be City, County, or State?)
See thats the way I understand it. But I'm guessing its only if you're just visiting/under a few months. If you have recently moved and its registered out of state I'm sure they have a time frame or grace period for when you need to become state compliant if your vehicle will be permanently in the state.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote