View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 02:36 PM   #14
Steppenwolf1980

Drives: Chevy Camaro & Opel Speedster Turbo
It is getting better and better, now we already included WW2 into the topic. I am still smiling, even though I am European with a (really) different culture, (absolute) freedom (without getting sued for every shit I say) and driving two cars of the GM company (okay, one is of European origin with GM as boss, but anyway).

@aki: You are absolutely right about that sticking-to-the-left-lane thing, but this is a phenomenon only seen in German speaking countries (Germany, Austria, maybe Switzerland). Unfortunately it is getting worse, this is what really drives me crazy especially because both of my cars are quite fast. You have to understand that in Germany and Austria, your car kinda shows what status you have according social things. Big (expensive) car = successful guy. Even the younger guys that don't earn much often throw all their money in their (old) cars to pimp them, also if that means to cut at food at the end of the month. Only a minority gives a shit about what ride they have, mostly retired people, moms and some kind of hippies. So if you understand what a big and/or fast car means to the typical German, you also understand why he can't bear to see anyone going faster than him. Hard to explain.
Steppenwolf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote