View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
darkrider01
Aural Assault Vehicle

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS, 2015 Sierra Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFTW View Post
Except now I rechecked and the 8 wires are low level inputs not high. that is why the ******** X3 can just convert these to RCA with no LOC. So in this case what do you think about that now? Or could I do front and rear through the factory wires and X3 and then just run a sub RCA line from the back of the HU? Can you mix like this? And I have Onstar and the module and so would not like to lose this. I can check the wire diagram to see if I can figure out which is the voice out....maybe I can splice that to RCA and then put into the Front 2 input of the Rockford and do the mix via software to front left channel???
This got me thinking - watch out!

Why don't you just do this the easy way? Run 3 sets of RCA's from your head unit to the 3Sixty.3. Then, take one set of RCA's from the X3 and run them into the remaining 2 channels. This would work, no doubt about it. If you need some extra comfort, you could run the X3 RCA's through a LOC to reduce the level. I think the 3Sixty.3 could handle the higher input no problem, but you may want the added protection.

Another option could be not connecting the speaker outputs from the head unit to the Scosche harness. The OnStar module would probably still output through to the X3, but I'm not 100% sure about that. I'd recommend what I said above. I'd stay away from cutting up a bunch a wires in my dash.
Power Mods * K&N Typhoon CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back exhaust, Hurst Short Throw Shifter Exterior Mods * Black Phantom Grille * 22" T.I.S. 537MS wheels w/ Nitto INVO rubber * OEM body kit Suspension Mods * BC Racing Coilovers * Lakewood Strut Tower Brace Audio Mods * Stinger SPP 2250 Battery * Mosconi 6to8v8 w/ RCD * Pioneer AVH-X7500BT * Scosche Dash Kit * 2 - Mosconi AS200.4 * 2 - JL Audio 13W6v2 * Focal 165KRX2 Power (active) * Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 * Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
darkrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote