View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #16
Birm

Drives: Florida Speed & Power
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I did this back when I first got my car....I litterally I drove it straight from the dealer lot to the muffler shop.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64964

Tips...Use a sawsall to make the cuts, get rid of the rear cat, make sure your tips are where you want them before welding them on or make it so they can be adjustable.
Caverman helped me a lot when I was doing it figured it would assist you as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by thahemp View Post
Birm pointed me to your thread when I was considering buying these exhaust parts. That was a good read for me. We have a sawsall that I can use, but I don't think the guy that torched yours was using a plasma cutter. That looks like an oxy/acetylene torch. The edges look like they were cut with an oxy/acetylene torch too

I would have to agree that using a sawsall against a clamp or something would guarantee a straight cut at least. It's probably not as important if I end up flaring the tubing and lap welding though.

Thanks for the tips.. I think I will get rid of the rear cat. I re-read your thread because I was trying to figure out whether or not that will throw a code. Good to know they're not monitored. Also, all of the hangers are already welded to the pipes, so I don't think tip alignment will be a big issue for me... thanks for that Birm
very welcome bro, can't wait to see the finished product. Also, told you that x was awesome, its literally perfect fit
Birm is offline   Reply With Quote