Thread: volant cai
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #14
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
I installed a Volant CAI Powercore filter on my 2012 V6 RS this past weekend. I like the factory look, sound, and responsiveness. Also like the fact that the Donaldson Powercore filter is highly efficient when it comes to filtering. Filtering dirt is my #1 priority, then HP. So far no CEL. Volant has a great filter but poor instructions. Got mine for $225 at AutoAnything.com If you buy one be sure to do the three following things. Disconnect battery before, get a few stainless washers for the MAF sensor because the supplied screws are too long and will pop through the injection molded MAF mounting area. Lastly, be sure to remove the GM MAF gasket before installing the Volant gasket. Other than those three things you may want to let the car idle after installation with some small revs to let the MAF sensor learn the new few to air ratio.
The car is my wifes and she had a big smile on her face when she hit the gas. It has a nice sound and a subtle deep gurgling sound when cruising in 6th gear at about 45 mph. I'll let the newness wear off a while and shoot for a Magnaflow cat back next year.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote