View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #13
Smoky

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
The pack was an fairly easy install. I used a buddie's lift to make it easy on my back and neck, but doable on stands. Sway bar on the front needs some space to get out. I had to jack the motor a bit, but very simple to do. Two bolts and lift. Bar slides right out and in. As for the springs, no compressor was needed. Let me state this is relative only to the stock camaro spring set. The replacements required no compression other than the strut nut. To disassemble I simply put it on the floor and with an impact wrench I zipped the nut off. Parts weren't under that much pressure. I too had apprehension about this. All I suggest is you do it in an area where the nut and washers wont fly under something or out a door. Really was a piece of cake otherwise I wouldn't suggest it. With the install docs I got there was no clear designation as to which spring set went where. It is obvious once you place on the strut, the contact areas line up proper or they don't where the coil meets the seats on the strut. Not a big deal but would have taken a question mark out of the process. The chassis brace was a piece of cake. Watch for clearance issue on the tunnel brace if running a larger than stock exhaust. I do believe they could have designed it better in that regard, too much hardware in the tunnel area. Major issue it is not, a simple spacer resolved it. It would have helped a lot if they had fixed studs pointing downwards for the tunnel brace attachment. Creating much needed room. Heck even a carriage bolt would have been better.

The biggest pain was dealing with the inside top rear strut bolts.

My install was painless for the most part. I do believe I am experiencing one small issue, but very annoying. I believe the rear right strut pops on the trunk floor under certain body flexing conditions. I have reinspected the install and verified all parts and connections. With some research I understand this is a known manufacturing variance that only seems to impact some cars with lowering coils and increased spring rates. Simple fix if it is what I believe it to be, only have to pull the strut to do it.

I have heard no commentary from Hotchkis on this but I have not inquired either.

Alignment is mandatory!

Night and Day results.... Get R Done
Smoky is offline   Reply With Quote