View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 02:05 PM   #5
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
From http://www.visualgarage.com/Product_How_It_Works.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utilizing fractal antenna technology, we were able to develop a functional antenna that fits inside the shark fin and retains radio reception within normally acceptable ranges. A fractal antenna is created using fractal geometry (repetition of a simple shape to form a repeating pattern) and has reception that rivals antenna designs 50% to 150% larger in size. Though the stock antenna will usually still provide better reception, through testing, we found that the VG Shark Fin Antenna performed consistently better than any stubby antenna fitted on the same car.

Using a coiled cord, the fractal antenna is attached to the stock antenna base with an attachment screw. The use of a coiled cord eliminates the extra cord that would otherwise be in the way of installation, allowing you easier positioning.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used on of these on my Mazdaspeed6 a few years back. Mainly to hide the aftermarket Sirius antenna. It worked well on the FM side not great on the AM side. I'm sure that factory antennas are probably a better product though.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote