View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 02:39 AM   #215
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
A couple of things....

One - the 'bumblebee' color requires several paint processes that cannot be made in an assembly plant that paints several car lines. Further, you may want to actually price the paint that was used on Bumblebee - (the primer, the tintcoats, the finish coats...) Incredibly expensive and no, we could not make a profit on it.

Same for the show-car who of the cars shown are Red Hot. Red Hot is not a metallic color - it's a more 'pure' bright red.

(think 4th gen Bright Rally Red or Corvette's Torch Red -- versus Victory Red which has a bit more 'orange' to it....)

Unless the lighting is playing tricks -- the 1LE is Crystal Red Metallic.

Red Rocks Metallic is more 'bronze' or 'rust' than Red. When you compare the two side-to-side, you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't believe any of the cars in the pictures are Red Rock Metallic.
So, have you seen the Bumblebee paint that people are having custom done to match the Bumblebee color? 10,000 was spent on some of those. That's people wantimg the color and money wasn't a issu for them. but I got it special making one color for only one car wont make a profit because what is spent to make the color.