Thread: twin turbo
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM   #27
esfkotaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6, Black with CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Opposite here... I'm holding out for a turbo! Had the centri on the last car... was cool.... but after driving a number of turbo cars... well... I won't be doing the centri again... I think we'll see a turbo well before we see any kind of roots-type blower... especially if you want an IC...

I can definately understand where you're coming from, but I've had turbos and SC's in the past myself, and SC's just suit me better. I'm willing to wait for what I want =)

Also, I've got a manual tranny, not an auto, and turbos just always seem to go so much better with autos than manuals (shifting and loss of spool\boost). Not to say a turbo wouldn't still be badass...power #'s would definately be higher on a turbo than sc.

That, and I love whine of a SC over the whistle of a TC

All that said, to the OP, I wouldn't wait on GM releasing their own twin-turbo. The loss you'll take on trade-in is likely to exceed the cost to do it all yourself, especially when you're going to almost definately want to replace those turbos with better aftermarket ones, get a bigger IC, intakes, exhausts, etc., when the wait and the overall final cost would be less if you just hold out for a quality tuned TT setup to be released for the LLT. My experience with factory-turbo'd GM vehicles is that you'll want more than you can get with the stock equipment. So why not build it how you want it yourself? (or at least get someone to do it the way you want it) I'd be surprised to see GM offer the TT setup for the Camaro before 2012/13, and more surprised if a better setup isn't readily available and tuned for the LLT before 2011/12 for a similar fee.

Then again, I could be wrong. In the end it's all about what you want and what you feel best suits you (and your wallet.)

Coming soon (end of summer, hopefully):
JBA Shorties :: Hurst or MTI Shifter (undecided)
New 20" Wheels (undecided) :: Fogs :: GFX :: CF Heat Extractor hood :: Painted-On CGM Stripes :: G-2 Painted Calipers :: Painted Bowties
esfkotaro is offline   Reply With Quote