View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #43
SMPdude

Drives: 2010 Camaros and more
Just got back in from the race and though I would give you guys a little behind the scenes update.
Yes the car did break. David noticed the clutch was getting slow to release, so he was told to just take it easy and let’s just see how it does. Then we made a pit stop and driver change. Jeff took the wheel and was off. Shortly after that he radio in and stated that the clutch was on the floor and not returning. He ran a couple of laps with no clutch, in his words “you can do that if you know how to drive”, lol. That was great Jeff…… But we told him to bring it in hoping that it would be a quick fix. After opening the hood we saw that all the Clutch/brake fluid was gone, so we took it to the garage, that is when we found something in the bell housing let go. So it was time to park it.
My hat is off to Jeff and David for their excellent job of driving the past few day and being able to really relay back to the crew what they were feeling so that we could make the changes.
To answer one of the questions, yes the rear of the car was very high. That was in an effort to help massive vibration that started off in the shake down run and was still present in the first practice. Raising the rear did help but there is still a lot of research and testing to be done to find and fix that issue. Bill Riley and his guys were there to help out in any way possible, even going to the extra to help provide some spare parts, just in case. Thanks to you Bill and your guys for all your hard work and help.
I believe that after these few issues are address and fixed the 2010 Camaro will be a very completive car next season.
I would also like to say thanks to everyone who stopped by and talked with us and the drivers, you guys, the fans, are what makes this sport so much more fun and interesting.
SMPdude is offline   Reply With Quote