View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
R1_Demon
Where the hell am I?!

Drives: No more Camaro
John - I appreciate the info. Ya, I know in these hot climates (AZ - where the car is from and where it's at now - NV), the batteries definitely go every 3 years or so. However, I'm trying to find out if it's dying, then I can have the dealer replace it because I have a 30 day "anything goes" type warranty on the car. So, if it's dying, I want them to replace it now and then I won't have to worry about it for another 3 years. But if I wait until after the 30 days is up, then if it goes, I'm stuck paying for it myself.

sloSS - That's EXACTLY how I would describe it. It's not turning over slow like it's a low battery or bad timing, but it's not like I'm used to either. I did have it load tested by the dealer (after I charged the battery to 100% last Saturday) and it tested fine. They also said it "sounded normal". I even asked my dad to listen to it the first time I showed him the car yesterday and he even said it sounded normal to him and he's never heard any other newer Camaro start.

So, at this point I'm not sure what to do. Just leave well enough alone or what. I have 3 more weeks on my warranty. I guess I could wait about 2 more weeks and then hook up my battery charger and see where the battery stands. If it's near 100%, then I guess I'll let it go. However, if it's under 75%, I'll take it in and try and get them to replace it.
R1_Demon is offline   Reply With Quote