View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Camarodriver

Drives: 1975 Camaro, 2010 2LT, 2011/2SSrs
Send a message via ICQ to Camarodriver Send a message via MSN to Camarodriver Send a message via Skype™ to Camarodriver
My LLT engine is blown on my 2LT, any recommendations?

Hello to all in the general discussion thread. I posted a thread in the V6 section but am now cross posting as I am seriously thinking about trading in my 2LT for a 2SS and want anyone's opinion on what I should do.

This is my second Camaro and this 2LT has blown up on me at 6400 miles and GM only wants to fix the motor... I want a new engine or a new car, so I may flip it for a 2ss that they have on the used lot. It is not the Camaro I would have ordered, but it's got a nice LS3 M6 that ain't in pieces right now.

here are my issues:

- I ordered a M6 2LT Summit white no stripes, no sunroof car, I could trade it for a 2ss Yellow sunroof car withbblack stripes.

Just not my favorite color and at 6 foot 2, the sunroof takes up most of the remaining headroom and my hair rubs on the roofline, even with the seat all the way down. Are their any solutions for the headroom? Seat mods? Anything?

-I ordered by 2lt with 18" heritage steelies for winter driving here in Montreal. I ordered them slimmer to cut throughout the snow and last winter my 2LT was great in the storms we had and all, so I would driver this 2ss in the snow, but of course on far fewer days.

Issue is I have 2 full sets of wheels now, the 18" heritage wheels don't fit the 2ss I have heard, any ideas here?

-third issue is money. I paid $34000 for this car and they would only give me $20000 for this one with only 6400 miles on it (10000 kms) this would leave $18000 to pay for the 2SS plus tire/wheel woes... Ouch.

I have my feelers out to anyone that could lend a helping hand who knows anyone at GM to get involved to see what could be done. I miss my second gen 75 Camaro so badly right now and to have my fifth gen die on me like this just sucks so badly I feel terrible right now.

Originally they promised me a new engine, but the district service manage came by the dealership personally to see this engine and declined the new motor even though this one is in pieces right now and looks like it will never run right again... The whole story is on this thread, with lots on pictures of the tear down process...it's not for the feint of heart and it's pretty technical at times. Thanks in advance to anyone that has info that could help! Long live Chevy!

eB

The engine tear down thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101727

The perma-grin effect pictured above by a good buddy giving me a ride in my Camaro!
Used 75 Camaro = $3500
Rolling restoration over 10 years = $5000
$5 of gas burned in 10 seconds = Priceless!
Camarodriver is offline   Reply With Quote