View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #11
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAPSSRS View Post
Any Drone with this setup?
Kinda off topic since the OP was asking about a muffler delete but I can comment on both since I've had experience with two systems.

I'll say that I had the Muffler Delete with the resonated x-pipe with the stock headers and mid-pipes. Loved it for a while but I started getting used to it and it almost became too quiet at start up to me. WOT was a different story. You will here the decel popping and I did have some drone at the typical 1800-2000 under load but it didn't bother me much.

Now I have KOOKS with the 3" Magnaflow and I'm very happy with it. I've only had the setup for a little over a week but so far I haven't had any drone so far and the decel popping is virtually gone (still there a little bit).

I think with the stock headers and mid-pipes the muffler delete is a great in-expensive way to make your car sound good. Once you step to LTs I think a system like the 3" Magnaflow or LG's setup is the way to go.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote