Thread: ZL1 or 454?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #11
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by James4086 View Post
Option B: or rather option ZL1, is to try and get my family to pool together my college graduation, Christmas, and birthday (which is in January so it wouldn't be a problem) presents and buy a ZL1. If I get a Z, I'll have to change out that suede interior, and get another set of lights and the CAI, headers and exhaust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by James4086 View Post
I've considered this, however, I am unable to have a second vehicle. That's why I think I want the Z, because I could leave it stock and still be 100hp up from where I am.

oh, and
Keep your car. If you are already planning to mod a ZL1 out of the box buying one makes no sense. Why buy a new car with a warranty for both street and track just to void it right away.

I was deciding on modding my SS or buy a ZL1. I bought the ZL1 because I can drive it hard and if it breaks GM will fix it. (IMHO a valid reason for the price difference) As it is my DD the deciding factor was the warranty. If you mod it you remove that feature.

I had a heavily modded car as a DD it was a PITA. (True 10 second car) I sold it for a stock car that was over 3 seconds slower.... but was worth it. My stock car was reliable and if it broke someone else had to fix it while I drove a free loaner to work.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote