Thread: New here.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 03:24 AM   #1
Jason

Drives: MAZDA CX 7
New here.

Hi all.

Names Jason, I live in New Zealand.

I’m originally from South Africa and that is when I got my first taste of a Camaro.

My dad had one once, he had to fix it up, he put about 8 months or more into it, I was only about 5 or 6 when he brought it home, it was a piece of crap, rusted and all.

Months later and this piece of crap had to be the most beautiful car on the planet, my dad had to hand make most of the parts for it, because we couldn’t get them, he panel beat the body and rebuilt a lot of the car.

He then painted it this high gloss black, I tell you, this car looked like a mirror, it was awesome.

Anyway, I grew up and never really became a car person, I mean I’ve always liked Corvettes and stuff and if someone wanted to give me a Ferrari along the way I wouldn’t have refused but I really never got into cars as such.

Fast forward to about a year or two ago and I see the new Mustang, looks kind of like the old school Stangs, but more up-to-date, me likes.

Then the Challenger, me likes this one too, and I think to myself not bad.

Then, about a year ago I’m on one of the gun forums I live on and I see this thread saying look at the new Camaro concept, me doesn’t likes, ME FREAKING LOVES.

Damn, that’s not a car, that’s an orgasm on wheels.

I forget about it over the next few months, then what happens? Transformers happen, that’s what.

Now I’m not, nor have I ever been a fan or follower of Transformers, but when I see the Camaro I’m hooked, I took my wife and 4 year old son along with my parent to see the movie.

I loved it, but that yellow Camaro stole the show.

Now my wife and my mom are certainly NOT car people, cars are tools and should not have much money thrown at them.

Both my mom and my wife loved the Camaro.

My wife has decided that we will get one, we are opening a bank account now and we will not touch this account for any reason then to get a 2008/9 Camaro.

Would be awesome to be the first in New Zealand to get one, but we are by no means well off and we’ll not be working our asses off for this but every time I see a picture of this beast I want one more and more.

Now my mom has heard our plane and she has decided that her and my dad needs one too, my dad kind of liked the Mustang cop car in T/formers, but has been told it’s a Camaro or nothing.

The only thing stopping me from getting one is if they won’t have rear seats, I know it’s a two door, but I don’t know if it will have rear seats.

Also, has GM officially stated they will make these cars? Last I heard (I have only just found this site and not read it all yet) GM were still not certain they were going to make the new Camaro, is this true?

Anyway, sorry for the long first post, I won’t have much to add, might be a few questions from time to time, but this site looks awesome and I’m sure I’ll find many answers here.

Rgds

Jason
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote