View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
Thanks for the info. The Statute is 316.214(1) & the ticket is $114, not $116 (not sure of that has any relevance). I'm assuming this in not a moving violation?
Any suggestions on how I should handle this? I'm not overly worried about the $ as much as I am worried about my driving record (but I'm assuming this is non moving ticket) and future issues.
Same thing happened to me with my Eclipse....I'm going to take a wild guess and say it was a FHP that gave you the ticket?

Don't waste your time fixing it. I did that and my ticket dropped a whole whopping $10 . What I did was take the tint off, head on over to Oviedo's Police department and had an officer write it off that I fixed the "problem." I then went to the Seminole County Clerk of Courts in Sanford and handed the lady the ticket and the slip (or w/e I received at Oviedo after I got it checked off that I removed the taillights) and paid the ticket off.

I'd suggest just going to the closest clerk of courts and paying the ticket off. Don't waste your time going to the local department for a whole whopping $10-20 off. IIRC it shouldn't mess up you're driving record at all.

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote