View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 05:38 PM   #34
mailclerk

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corine View Post
Hi I'm new here--

I purchased a very nice Certified Pre-Owned 2010 Camaro 2LT (automatic) about three weeks ago. Since then I've had the car's engine turn off 3 times while driving.

I don't lose power the radio stays on and the dash stays lit but the engine just dies. I've noticed that it usually happens when the car is cold.

The first time it happened I put the car in reverse to back out and then shifted to drive, the engine died.

Yesterday as I was reversing out of my driveway the engine died. I put the car in neutral and restarted and proceeded to drive back into the driveway the engine died again.

I restarted and called on-star to run a diagnosis they said all was fine.
I had it towed to the dealership but they're saying they won't be able to diagnose it until Monday. I'm a little concerned the dealership won't be able to recreate the issue since it happened first on 12/19, (I thought it was a fluke so I didn't take it to the dealership) and then didn't happen again until yesterday12/30.

Very concerned that this may happen when I'm on the free-way. Wondering if anyone has had similar experiences and if the dealer was able to resolve it? I took pictures and video when it happened yesterday. I can post if anyone is interested.
Corine,

Let the dealership take a look at it. Your black box should record everything that happens and they'll see it when they due a diagnostic. There's no way they can't see what's happening.

Mail Clerk
mailclerk is offline   Reply With Quote