View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
I picked up my set of Pacific Wonderland plates today. They are awesome! I thought they would be painted flat like the Crater Lake plates, but they are embossed like the originals. Very cool. And they look terrific on the Camaro.

It was kind of funny really. I drove 15 miles to the little town of Junction City because our DMV office gets jammed up a lot of the time. When I got there, there was just one other customer and two clerks. Yay! Score!

So I walked up to the desk and the lady says "You have to take a number ticket". I said "Are you sure?". She says, "Yeah, that's how we count the number of customers". So I pulled off a ticket and handed it to her.

I mean, I'm not a mathematician, but it didn't look like the count was getting out of hand very quickly! I guess the state can't afford a computer or something. I managed not to LOL.

She was trying to be all government-serious and all, but you could tell that she was barely holding back that small-town casual friendliness.

Anyway, I asked her if they had sold very many of these new plates on the first day, and she said "Oh yes! We've sold five of them already." (It was 1pm).That nearly killed me but I held onto my composure.

I never had so much fun in an DMV office before. And to top it off I got these fantastic new PW license plates! Goin' to JC for the new plates was the best decision I made all day.
Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote