View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #295
wyd_trkr

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT/RS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick5066 View Post
Apologies for my poor English skill set.

Took my car to the dealership and showed the bulletin attached in this thread. Service rep said they have done several of these and will check my car. Came back after 15 mins and said they will order the Torque Converter and call me once the part arrives. Called me back after 3 days to inform the torque converter has arrived. Dropped my car at dealership and was told it may take 2 days. After keeping the car for grand 3 days I was told of no issues with the car and no need to replace torque converter. During the first two days service rep called me to say they are working torque converter, since it’s a transmission issue repair is taking longer. I knew they were wrong, didn’t want argue as I was already frustrated after spending 3hrs in traffic. On my way back home experienced vibration more than dozen times and also noticed check engine light was left on. Called the service rep and explained both issues. Took my car back to the dealership after 2 days, this time they observed shuddering. Replaced Torque converter and returned my car the next day. Though problem seems to have been resolved for now, I am not going back to the dealership for anything.
Good for you that they finally fixed the problem. Also, you do know that you Do Not need to take your Chevy into Chevy Dealership, Right? The car is all GM and Buick, Cadilac, GMC, Chevrolet , all of them can work on your car. Because of the run around and the timeframe you spent , taking it to and from the Dealership twice, I would have gone to the Owners Office, after talking to the Service Director to get complete satifaction you deserve! Hope this helps, as I got my Email Survey from GM today and filled it out and gave my Dealership Praise for them handling situation as I requested and it was done to perfection. My Torque Converter was replaced on Nov. 14th, so 12 days and car drives like a completely difference car now! Hats off to Dyer Chevrolet , Vero Beach, Florida..
My Link Navigation
Onstar & Bluetooth Built-In
K&N Panel Filter
Lumar/Pro WindowTint
Mailto: wyd_trkr@bellsouth.net
wyd_trkr is offline   Reply With Quote