View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
tjd24
Thank you Oshawa/St.Cats!

Drives: was 2010 2LT RS 2G1FC1EV4A9103434
iPhone 1st Gen - Ok - but...

Just like glambert1 indicated my iPhone (1st gen, sw 2.2.1) did connect to the headunit first time out - though the iPhone does display the "this accessory is not compatible..." message and asked if I wanted "airplane" mode which I pressed "No". I can play the iPod songs through the head unit OK - the menu needs a little bit of getting used to... The Bluetooth works A-OK and the quality is better than my previous car.

So far so good. Today on the way home the head unit did not recognize the iPhone - displaying only the CD and Aux options, including an "Aux Out" which I don't recall seeing before. I pulled over and first restarted the Camaro to see if it was a gremlin but no joy. I then rebooted the iPhone holding both power and home buttons for 10 seconds to ensure a full reboot - at first the head unit didn't recognize the rebooted iPhone (obviously once the Apple logo was replaced by the home screen) but then the headunit recognized the iPhone again.

Unsure why this occurred but at least a reboot of the iPhone seemed to restore the connection - perhaps a low memory issue on the iPhone.

Regardless - enjoying the Camaro and iPhone connectivity...
#3434 Born 4-15-2009, Delivered 5-22-2009 BBOMG 2/3/4 - Traded-in 8/31/2019:
tjd24 is offline   Reply With Quote