View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #32
AZ MSCL

Drives: 2009 Challenger RT, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
My wife and I finally took our cars to the drag strip and raced them head to head. We both had a full tank of gas and tire pressures were high (40 psi on mine). It was our first time ever racing, so we went to have fun and see if we like it. We loved it, talking about going again real soon. No videos or pictures, hopefully next time we can get some.

Here are our specs:
2010 Camaro V6 (Synergy Green Edition)
ADM Race Scoop
K&N Aircharger
MACE Plenum Spacer
RX 3/8" Intake Manifold Spacer
Trifecta Tune
American Racing Headers LT w/HFC
ARK DT-S
Auto w/ 3.27

2012 Mustang V6 (Grabber Blue Pony Package)
BBK Intake
Borla ATAK
Auto w/ 2.73

I know I need to remove my subwoofer box and spare tire. Also, lower our rear air pressure.

Any suggestions? Also Mustang guys, anything I can do to my wife's car to help her out? Think the gear ratio is really hurting hers.

Here are our time slips, left to right is the order we ran, I was always the right lane. The DA was 3743. On the 4th run, the track guys said I need to stop beating on her. Then the 5th they said I should give her a head start or else I wouldn't be getting any tonight.
There are several things you can do for both cars, how much do you have to spend? First, the obvious choice is a supercharger for each. Gears (3.73 or 4.10) for the Mustang would be good to help her launch but doesn't do anything power wise. Headers and a dynotune would certainly help. 17-18" wheels with racing DRs or slicks will help her hook up. Here's a link to someone else's opinion, you might find some ideas helpful (a little dated, from 07): http://www.mustangevolution.com/must...ication-guide/

Without knowing what kind of tree the track uses it's hard to say when to go but if it's a standard one with 3 yellows then green, go on the 3rd yellow (assuming you staged with two lights showing). Avoid spinning the tires. As for the Camaro, many of the tips given in the Mustang article may apply. I wouldn't bother removing the spare or the subwoofer in the Camaro as I don't see it helping much. In all honesty, if you're looking for big HP gains, go to V8's or cheaper, superchargers/twin turbos, dynotunes and gears for the Mustang. Good luck.

AZ MSCL is offline   Reply With Quote