View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 07:52 AM   #35
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
There are several things you can do for both cars, how much do you have to spend? First, the obvious choice is a supercharger for each. Gears (3.73 or 4.10) for the Mustang would be good to help her launch but doesn't do anything power wise. Headers and a dynotune would certainly help. 17-18" wheels with racing DRs or slicks will help her hook up. Here's a link to someone else's opinion, you might find some ideas helpful (a little dated, from 07): http://www.mustangevolution.com/must...ication-guide/

Without knowing what kind of tree the track uses it's hard to say when to go but if it's a standard one with 3 yellows then green, go on the 3rd yellow (assuming you staged with two lights showing). Avoid spinning the tires. As for the Camaro, many of the tips given in the Mustang article may apply. I wouldn't bother removing the spare or the subwoofer in the Camaro as I don't see it helping much. In all honesty, if you're looking for big HP gains, go to V8's or cheaper, superchargers/twin turbos, dynotunes and gears for the Mustang. Good luck.
Thanks for the link, had alot of info about upgrades.

3.73's and a posi are the next upgrades on the list. After that we will have to decide. Still need to see what the tune did for her times though.

We try to leave on the 3rd light, but sometimes I have to catch my old man nap. Heard that the track prep isn't the greatest at Thunder Valley. We may take a trip out to the Tulsa track to see what we can do there one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Good thing you didn't go tonight!
Yeah, but we needed rain very badly. I had given up on trying to keep my grass green. Can't wait till November when the temps are really down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
TOTALLY awesome guys.

I have been wanting to line up next to Bonnie in her Vette.
You should do it, my wife loves it. Track guys will warn you about beating her all the time though, happy wife / happy life kind of thing. Would be one hell of a race though, but I would pull for the Corvette, its an awesome looking car.