Old 09-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #749
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBDesigns View Post
Hope you get a spot at SEMA......
Shooting for Toyo.....

Just wanted to post up what I started on today to clean up the engine bay.

I started by undoing my current fuel fittings

To get the fittings off the back of the fuel rail, I needed to take off the fuel rails, and realized I loaned my hex tools to my friend! So I was at a standstill. One thing I've never been happy with is the heater hoses, so those came off the engine and I figured that I wanted to route them out of sight; took measurements and got some more tubing ordered today.

Also I didn't care for the look of the EVAP solenoid or line, so those got taken off and will be mounted next to the computer.

I also removed the methanol tank and will be sanding it down a little a spraying it black.

I'm also rewrapping some of the electrical lines with heat shrink to give it a cleaner look.

I also removed the intake tube and will be removing the powdercoat. I plan on polishing it to a shine, if I run into issues I'll just have it powdercoated black.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up the fuel lines, then will work on rewrapping the electrical wires in harness tape and heatshrink.

I also ordered some more fittings to redo the water vapor line and the hose that connects to the radiator!

There's just more and more that I want to do!

Thanks for the writeup Nathan; it's been a HUGE help already!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote