View Single Post
Old 06-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #19
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Yes, I installed a Solo Performance axle back exhaust right before I installed the Range device, didn't mention that.....

I was worried about a droning noise from the exhaust without the Range device and I don't have any with the device not plugged in.

Paul

10-4 So if I read you right ,adding an axle back setup won't create an undesirable exhaust note when AFM kicks in?
Frankly I'm more concerned with the four cylinders being slaved along while in AFM mode and potentially leading to cylinder wall issues on the designated four with AFM lifters. I've read quite a few write-ups throughout the internet as to the 07' - 11' 5.3 L trucks with respect to oil consumption presumably derived from the AFM feature. It's this concern that would prompt me to install a range unit on the L99. However, I'm not aware that any L99 owners have had premature cylinder wear or oil consumption issues attributable to the AFM feature. Lots of threads though about it on the siveradosierra truck forum though with respect to the 5.3 truck engine.. I own a 2012 6.2L chevy truck but mine is a L9H non AFM engine.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote