View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
People can knock Ford all they want for having so many models, but no one can argue with their volume of sales.

Plus, when we think about it, this is the line up for the Camaro:

LS
LT
LT vert
LT/RS
LT/RS vert
SS
SS vert
SS/RS
SS/RS vert

When presented like this, it makes it look like Chevy's offering a lot more models than they really are, as the RS models are more packages than different models. It's the same with the Mustangs on Ford's homepage. The Bullitt and the CS are more like appearance packages put on the GT, but they are advertised as different models because it's a good marketing strategy. I'm sure GM will do the same with the Camaro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorrentRS
The GT sucks. It's overpriced, and the base camaro can beat it.
The GT has one of the best horsepower-per-dollar ratio of any car out there. The Challenger is the one that's overpriced. Even though the V6 Camaro has an equal number of horses to the GT, the GT produces more torque, has better access to that power, and weighs less than the Camaro. Although I do own a GT, I'm not a fanboy and do appreciate all pony cars. However, you have to give credit where it's due, and the GT deserves far more credit than many here are willing to give.

Last edited by nester7929; 09-04-2008 at 05:53 PM.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote