View Single Post
Old 03-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #12
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
When I worked in Car Stereo shops in the late 90's early 00's I believe it was the Honda Civic we first had to do this with, the door locks wouldn't work if you disconnected the factory stereo or something like that. So we would splice the new HU into the wiring but leave the factory unit in there and powered up hidden in the bottom part of the dash or console ( I dont even remember...)
Yep, I had a 98 Honda Civic, I had to tie the factory head unit off behind the dash, fortunately there was room.

Personally I am getting to the age... or desire to no longer install aftermarket stereos anymore, I have done it with every vehicle I have owned... the last being the FJ of course... ugh it took forever (to do it right) I think if I do anything to my CAMARO I will maybe replace the factory paper cone speakers and maybe add an aftermarket sub box. Nothing outlandish... I'm already losing my hear... LOL Maybe a solid sounding 8 or 10" in a box, just enough to get a decent thump, nothing to set off alarms... been there done that...

But as Nexus states add to it not replace (except the paper cones if that's what they end up being)

Last edited by SummoneR; 03-28-2009 at 03:59 PM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote