View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
TOSTO RACING
STOCK ELIMINATOR

Drives: STOCKER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmalian View Post
Hey Andy,

I was told by my tuner that it was a common problem in Whipple sc and its apparently the bypass valve which causes this problem. He's worked on many Camaros with Whipples, mostly automatics (lucky bastards don't lose boost during gear changes!! ) and it's usually an odd one here and there in the manual ones where the car doesn't seem to have this lag or delay issue. Now the issue also is the fact that we are in UAE. If I were in the US, I would've personally driven down to you guys and let you have a look. Also, unfortunately I'm not very good with technical terms but what basically it feels like when shifting hard and fast, is that when you get back on the gas, the power comes back (NA kinda power) but there is literally almost a 1 second, if not more before you can feel the boost punch back in.

I'm not saying I'm the best shifter there is but I know I can shift well enough and what's upsetting is that I am rating at 608 RWHP and a mildly modified, automatic CTS-V coupe rating at 548 RWHP on the very same dyno handed my a$$ over to me just because I was losing boost during shifts... He would inch up or rather metre up every time I shifted..

So is there anything we can do at our end to diagnose the situation or perhaps send some kind of logs or observations across to you so as for you to possibly study and analyze what the problem is?

I experienced the same thing tonight at the track its bad in my car almost feels like i shut the key off, I even powershifted the car and never let off the gas anyone ever figure this out I have a whipple also and cam etc?

Car doessn't seem to do it on the street at all which has me stumped only at the track where it is hooking everytime???

I'm pretty bummed out my car is running like a cam only car Hopefully there is a fix out there

Last edited by TOSTO RACING; 10-04-2016 at 10:12 PM.
TOSTO RACING is offline   Reply With Quote