View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #252
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Very interesting VR Baron. So I'm assuming the actual shape of the Helmholtz or J pipes doesn't really matter as long as they are a total of 29 inches?

Your pipes shape is very different from everyone else that posted here.
From what I hear from the people here that have done the leg work it doesnt appear the shape makes much difference. I saw one pic and they were straight and mounted up near the H pipe area. Mine were patterned somewhat after Solos's setup for the v6 and v8. Even those are little different. Main thing I read here is that both sides are the same shape, length and welded in the exact same spot is what counts.If not can be uneven pulses side to side. 29 inches for me killed the 1550-1800 rpm drone, my resonated x pipe killed the drone from 1900-2400, though I did install that first but glad I did. If you have drone below 1550 you can make the pipes longer if it bothers you, longer they are seems to get rid of drone at lower rpms, shorter the pipe, higher the rpm range. People here say no matter what it helps 3-400 rpm above and below the main point, say 1800 for example so it isnt an exact science.I made mine 29.5 to try it(mine are adjustable) and it knocked out a bit more at 1500, but some still there at 1250-1500 but no big deal. For me the 1500-2000 range is what botheres and you always have to shift through that area no mater what, a bit of drone below that doesnt bother me as you are throgh it fast and not down there much, and you can down shift out of the bad area more easily if needed.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote