View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Is anyone else getting a little annoyed by the constant attention?

I got my black 2SS/RS last Wednesday 6/17 and as of today 6/21 I have 334 miles on it already. I absolutely love the car and the attention the car gets was really neat... for a couple of days. It's starting to get a little annoying as I can't stop anywhere without someone asking me 100 questions. I put gas in it for the first time yesterday and I had a group of 8 people gathered around the car asking me questions. There were 2 guys getting gas at another station across the street that left their car at the pump and walked over to talk to me.

On Friday we went to dinner and when we left the restaurant there was 5 people checking out the car, at the grocery store yesterday we could barely make it into the store. Even people at traffic lights ask me to roll down the window so they can talk to me.

It's cool that the car gets so much attention but I've had to clean my windows 3 times and I can't even count how many times I've had to clean finger prints off of the car because the black paint shows everything. Yesterday when we came out of the grocery store there was a guy looking in the drivers window while shading his eyes, hand prints all over the window again. This guy had a belt buckle the size of a hub cap and I was afraid to look at the door for fear he scratched the car with his belt buckle! The positive comments and questions are great, but what do you say to people that feel compelled to tell you what they don't like about your car? I had a guy yesterday that said it looked to much like a Dodge for his taste...what should I have said to that comment??

How long do you think this attention will last? I suppose in another 6 months there will be a lot of Camaro's on the road and it will subside so I probably have no right to complain. I really had no idea the car would get this kind of attention, it's certainly not something most of us are used to.

Anyone else starting to get annoyed by the attention?

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote