Thread: Warranty mods
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by austin View Post
I posted this in another section but since these mods fit in this section i am posting it again here.

After searching this forum, emailing dealerships (with no reply as of yet) and googling, I get more confused because of conflicting info. Here is my question: Up until now I have only done appearance mods. There are 3 performance mods that I would like to do but I don't want to void any part of the power train warranty. Would any one or more of these void the warranty? 1. CAI 2. Oil catch can 3. MRT V2 axle back exhaust

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Depends on your dealer. I have all of these mods, and my dealer has not voided my warranty. My dealer told me they'd install my longtubes and not void my warranty either, though, so it varies. Make friends at the dealer! I bring them cookies and stuff sometimes Technically the dealer can try to void your warranty for ANYTHING you alter, but most of them aren't jerks like that in my experience, and even then they'd have to prove that your bolt-on caused the failure.

Mod away! Have fun with it!

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote