View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
BlownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Long Tube Header Quandry!!

so.....Bear with me here. I have a maggie (3.8 pulley) on my LS3, I also have the cold air inductions CAI, stock exhaust with muffler delete with x-pipe. I am pretty happy with the performance and the sound, but I think im a set of Long tube headers / high flow cats away from being happy. From what i understand, the long tubes will rob me of about 1 psi from the supercharger. To get it back, i can either add the 3.6 pulley and tune it but more than likely i will be running into the issue of running out of fuel due to the factory fuel pump. I have elected to go ahead and take the loss and just use a quality tune to let it breathe easier and settle for about 30 rwhp in addition to what i have now. I want a good set of quality headers with a ceramic coating. I have the polished maggie so i dont feel like going with a cheap finish. Im running out of funds for mods so I need to do something that is cost effective that gives me the best bang for the buck.....

so....must be 1 7/8 long tubes with ceramic coated stainless and high flow cats.........what is the best bang for the buck?
2010 IOM SS/RS LS3, Hennessey HPE550 Polished Magnuson TVS2300 Supercharger. 3.4 Pulley. Kooks long tube headers / high flow cats. GHL Full exhaust. ZL1 Fuel Pump/ADM FPCM. MSW Bap. JRE ZL1 Race cam with new springs/pushrods/Trunion Upgrade. FIC 850cc injectors. ZR1 Map sensor. CAI Induction. JRE Tune.
BlownSS is offline   Reply With Quote