View Single Post
Old 04-23-2011, 10:27 AM   #1245
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok.

Creaking noise coming from the back was the endlinks on GM's ... not so thick and solid control arms. That can be fixed. But, I'd highly recommend anyone getting aftermarket endlinks/sways or who plainly drive hard to check them from time to time. The connection between the LCA and the sways are breaking. Metal isn't thick enough or strong enough.

On a side note, I WISH I would have done this before the fest, but honestly, I wasn't sure what I was doing.

I installed the radius inserts yesterday. I put the front end up on jack stands, pulled off the wheels, removed the LCA bolts and lowered them down. A tip.... turn the ignition on and you can then move the rotors back and forth by hand while you are under the car and it makes it that much easier to get to the arms.

I used a flat head and pulled out all 4 stock bushings.

I then greased up the new radius inserts and slid them in one at a time. I had to use a hammer to knock the control arm back up into place as the bushings fill that void in the space.

After putting everything back together, I IMMEDIATELY noticed a difference. I mean...it's not something that just pops together and ...mmm...yeah...it's there.

I started driving down the street to make sure nothing fell out, no wheels fell off, you know... I slightly turned left right and it just lurched in each direction. NO PLAY in the steering. THIS is what I've been wanting and waiting for. I was told when I got the front sways, it would be much more responsive. Well? With the sway AND the radius bushings, it makes a WORLD of difference.

SO.....

If any of you were contemplating sways, get the darn bushings that go with it. It's totally worth it!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote