Thread: Boost Spike
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #104
ayousef

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMJ View Post
BTW, I just noticed something else I think is contributing...my timing doesn't get down to where it is supposed to be fast enough...for example at 5013 rpm, 1.42 CylAir my timing is still at 22, coming down from 30+...no wonder I'm knocking!

I'm thinking I need to lower my timing in the high RPM low Cylinder Air range...so it doesn't have so far to come back down???
wohooow it worked, how awesome is that. there is 0 downside to what you're doing, your car will NEVER ever get into this range of the injector flow rate table except in this specific scenario, there isn't any other time injector delta would go down to 37psi.

Now 0.9 was not only a starter it was also nothing but a guess, you can see how injector duty cycle now goes UP during the dip, I think you should now try to multiple that range by 0.95 but again you need to smothen to make sure the changes are not abrupt. Keep doing small steps until the it doesn't get lean enough, a little lean during the shift is fine, I confirmed that my car does it as well yesterday but I cant use this trick to fix my lean spike unfortunately lol.

Also I did notice the timing thing, lower the timing in that portion of the table by a few degrees and I think your problem is gone for good even if you don't restrict the blower bypass valve. Now put the MAF sensor back on!

1150bhp Whipple 4.0 Supercharged 427ci Camaro ZL1
ayousef is offline   Reply With Quote