View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 01:52 PM   #19
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
So now you're contradicting what you said about earlier about what I said not being true. You can't claim absolutes without absolute knowledge which you just admitted you do not have.
No I do have absolute knowledge of this, you misread or misinterpreted my post. Insurance companies do not assume by car type that its a weekend only car, that determination is based on the question they pose to you of how you use the car. As well the Corvette is NOT considered by any insurance company to be a luxury car, it is a sports car, or some companies call it a high performance vehicle. As I said in that reply there are certain considerations made by insurance companies that are basically the same and both of those are them amongst others. But there are OTHER criteria that some companies do use and others do not, companies review their data differently and obviously have different customer bases so different experiences. As well some weigh certain things heavier or lighter than others. Example: some companies may give a 5% discount for being accident free, others 10%. This is what causes rates to be different between companies.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote