View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #32
Melkor

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS w/1le Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonGPF View Post
I did the math myself when I was looking at buying my 1LE - decided a few things:

1) I didn't want to corrode the bottom of this car with the nasty chemicals they use in the winter here in CO.

2) The price of a decent set of wheels and tires to use half of the year was not much less than going out and getting a used Jeep. (Have one new Jeep in the garage, but it's "her" Jeep, so I have to find my own.)

3) The 1LE is uncommon. As such, I'd like to keep this car a long time, without racking up insane miles. A winter "beater" in the garage seems to be the cure still.
I'm in agreement with you, but I may have to get it through this coming winter before I can make a "beater" purchase. Maybe not, but I want to be prepared for it either way.

Also, in Montana, even spring and fall have days I SHOULDN'T be driving on these tires. So I'd rather get something more all season friendly just to have on there and then keep the Eagles for track days.

Incidentally, we don't use chemicals here in town in Missoula, but we use gravel... which makes me cry even at low speeds.