View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 02:25 PM   #39
mkorgan

Drives: 1970-1/2 Z-28, 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
And that means exactly... Squat.
2 different drivers and that is a very old z06 2005 model.

Put the same driver in both with same year car and that vette will trounce that heavy camaro.

I'm sorry stock for stock you can't compare the 2.
One is a street brawler and the other a sports car made for the higher speeds and better handing.

Sure you shove enough aftermarket crap in anything it can be fast.. but it's going to cost you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
As a ZL1 owner and as one who is extremely interested in the Z/28 I think that depends on your definition of "Word Class Sportscar". If you definition is solely on performance, there is no sane argument that the ZL1 should be excluded from the conversation. It performs as well as or even better than many Italian or German sportscars.

If your definition includes things like fit and finish like Italian leather, etc..etc, the expense of purchasing, the expense of maintaining, the club you are now welcome in, the place they park your car outside the restaurant, the girls that you can get to ride in the car with you, and the arrogance you are not entitle to since your name is on the title....then you are absolutely right...the ZL1 is not in the conversation.

I choose the first definition as it is the only definition that removes subjectivity, opinion, and personal preference. Definition one is measurable and when those measurements are compared...the ZL1 is pretty damn good and should be in the conversation.
mkorgan is offline   Reply With Quote