View Single Post
Old 05-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #1
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Bumble Bee Racecar

I probably should have started this about 6 months ago when I really got started modding Bee, so these first posts will be to get caught up.

Current setup as of 7/06/2014:
419 rwhp, 419 torq

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and Gary's customs bowties, painted emblems and taillight bezels, DIY Flowtie (only installed at car shows).

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt, rear upper control arm bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn Trailing arms with del-sphere ends, BMR outer trailing arm bushings, BMR differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods, ZL1 springs, Prothane radius arm inserts and steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport sways, Pfadt strut brace

Powertrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, high-flow cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 Fuel Pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Audio (coming soon): Focal 165AS front component speakers, Focal R-690-C rear speakers, Audiocontrol LC7i signal processor, Alpine PDX-V9 amplifier, JL Audio 12W3v3-2 subwoofer

Here's what Bee looks like today:

Let's start at the beginning:
Bought Bee on June 21st 2010 on the south side of Denver with only 12 miles (had been delivered to the dealership that morning). He was a plain yellow 2SS/RS with a LS3. Within 2 hours of taking delivery I found myself parked under an overpass as a nasty hailstorm hit on my way up to my In-Law's house. Ended up with 3 dents.

I think it was all of about a week before I started researching all of the cool things to do to these cars here on Camaro5. Got the windows tinted, then promptly started looking at what it took to turn my Camaro into Bee. A few PM's, emails, and phone calls later and Bee was at the body shop getting stripes painted on and the wheels powdercoated. I also replaced the tail-light bezels, bowties, and fender emblems with custom painted ones from Gary's Customs (awesome vendor here on C5, highly recommended). Got all of this done before I even had license plates:

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build

Last edited by Dexman1349; 10-20-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote