View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:07 PM   #20
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrizz View Post
I called my dealer and asked him where my camaro was this morning and he told me it was sitting on the lot. i went down to go take a look at it while the truck was still there. I got in with the mechanic to bring it into the garage and he backed into another car!!. Now theres 4-5 huge scrped in my diriver side corner of the rear bumper. That counts as an accedent and legally must be reported. They said they will bring it right in after being washed and paint it but what about the price? should i damand it for less? Make them order me a new one? i just wiated 3 months for this one. What should i do!!??
Exactly, make them order a new bumper..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
Calm down first! My car was 8 months in arriving. When the dealer called to say it was in, he announced that it had been damaged at the rail car drop yard. He already had the bumper replaced when we got there, they had just recieved another Camaro that they had bought from a defunct dealer, and they are painting the hood next week. In my case it did not have to be reported, nobody "owned" it yet. Everything can be fixed and brother, you will enjoy it too much to care.
I definately would not be as cavalier about the situation as you would be.. The last car I had bought brand new that had to have the bumper re-painted because the dealer screwed up, 5 years later the paint is peeling and looks like crap.. Have them order a new bumper from the factory already painted or don't accept the car. Plain and simple..