View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #24
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by DntWrryBeHappy21 View Post
lol i think thats his main problem right there, Audi interiors are sexy....the camaro interior is sexy as well IMO (now granted ive been in audis but not in the new camaro) Both look great in my opinion i love being unique its fun to be different (except when cops are able to nail you because you are the only one with that car in the town but you take the godo with the bad)

Once again, you are entitled to your opinion but the interior has grown on me and i like it. I guess you gotta get used to it....
It really has nothing to do with what I'm driving now. I've driven a TON of cars in my 25 year driving history. I've owned Camaros, Corvettes, Benz', Audi and I also drive a Ford Edge as our primary family vehicle.

The center stack area of the Camaro concept car rated so highly because it looked very nice / cool. But its quality metal-like construction didn't translate well into a plastic production piece in my opinion.

Again - I don't hate the interior. But there are a lot of interiors that I prefer over the Camaro's interior. I want the car to be a success so it doesn't die again. Thankfully, the exterior is amazing enough that most people should overlook a few things in the interior if they don't like them.

Personally, as a 40-something professional, I wanted an interior that was a little less "fun" and a little more professional. The Corvette is a good example. I've owned Corvettes for years and with the C6, they really arrived at a nice interior. And with the Malibu, Chevy proved they could build a first class interior without a Corvette/Caddy price tag. Unfortunately, my 2 year old can't ride in a Vette, so I'm looking at the Camaro for my next sports car.

It will be interesting to see how they incorporate a navigation unit into this car. It seems like the center stack area will have to be completely redesigned to do it. Either that, or they're going to design are really funky looking navigation unit to fit into the Camaro's existing center stack.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote