View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #493
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post

If you do that for ZL1 it locks your computer. There is way too many reposts about trading ZL1 for Z28, ZL1 versus SS, Z28 rear lights are fugly....yada yada boring!

As stated. Can't change those set in their own beliefs. The corvette plants were actually rerouted to manufacture the 5th gens. They reassigned workers for the high demand. Sure, there was a high demand, but when the mustang first came out, Ford couldn't keep up with that either. Same when the SVT Cobras came. Same with the Saleens. It doesn't mean its "THE HOTTEST SELLING SPORTS CAR OF ALL TIMEEEEEEE" No, it just means it is in demand at THAT time. Now that camaro sales have dumped, Chevrolet is reassigning engineers from camaro assignments to the C7 project. I only found one new, in stock, base C6 for sale within 200 miles of my address using Autotrader to search all dealerships. There may not be a high demand according to some, but they are not in stock.....anywhere....when these places all had ZL1s in stock.....
I'm calling BS! I live in Houston and can tell you 3 dealerships that have BASE C6 Vettes.