View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I'm sorry about your results. However, I wouldn't put too much into it, because you dyno'd on different days and, shoot, sometimes a car just isn't consistant. My car, on the same day, within the same ten minutes would very 10 RWHP. I'm not calling you a liar, or saying that the gains still very disappointing, but I think it may be better to try to think of your improvements in ways other that power. For example: I'm sure the car sounds better, and the engine comparment and tips look better than stock. Also, I'm sure your car lost a bit of weight too...

I know... all that doesn't mean sh*t. It has been said there is little to no gains from shorties OR a catback. Honestly, I really think a more aggressive tune would be benefitial, but I understand what you were trying to do. For me, I've been contemplating shorties, if only for a little more power (I'm hoping for FI when the time comes) and definately better sound. Personally - I realize that's about all I could expect, but it's all about how it feels in your gut.

Regardless - I'm sorry the gains weren't what you were hoping for, however, I think you've got a great combination and I thank you for posting your experience. You may have saved some people several (maybe even close to) a thousand bucks! That doesn't help you, but I certainly appreciate your coming on and posting. How about you get some videos up so we can enjoy what you've got going on?

Respectfully...
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote