View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpleror View Post
Ok, so I've been searching through this forum for a while now and decided to join so I could make a thread for a topic I haven't seen before; how the Camaro actually handles compared to other performance cars. I see a lot of discussion about HP and such (mainly compared to the mustang), but how does it actually drive; suspension, steering wheel stiffness, etc.? I'm looking into getting a Camaro pretty soon and the reason I ask is because I'm currently driving a 2005 Nissan 350Z and I LOVE the way it drives. The car hugs the road, and the steering wheel is VERY stiff. And, of course, it's got a lot power. So I'm curious as to how the Z would compare to an LS Camaro (which is what I'm looking into). I know the Camaro has about 50 more HP than the Z, but it's also like 600 lbs heavier, so I'm sure that translates into a decrease in performance right there. I'm expecting lower performance with this switch (which I'm ok with because I love the Camaro), I just want an idea of how big a difference there is in the performance of the two cars. I know the only way to really tell would be to actually drive a Camaro, but until then I figured this would be a good start. Thanks guys!
I don't think it'll be as much of a drop in performance as you might think. The LS is very nimble, but might not be as stiff as your 350z. If you feel like it - that's EASILY fixed with some inexpensive aftermarket parts like springs and sway bars.