View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #1
Anthony @ LG Motorsports

Drives: 1994 1LE / 2006 Z51 Corvette
--TECH-- USE A TRUSTED SOURCE FOR FUEL

Hey guys,

I know most of us use a quality gas station and one that you visit on a regular basis. Some of us however do not, and for those that visit the 'race fuel' pumps at the track please take note of the following.

This was removed from a 2009 Z06 track car. Customer uses a blend of street and track fuel but also picks up the fuel at the track. On the dyno with it and it was going lean, fuel pressure check showed an increasing drop in fuel pressure through the run to the point it was dropping below 40 psi at the engine. As you probably already know the filter is mounted inside the fuel tank, so replacement of this is not an easy task. While what I am showing you is off a Z06, your new Camaro's use a very similar setup with the filter inside the tank such as this.

FUEL PUMP ASSEMBLY

FUEL PICK UP

FUEL FILTER

For those of you that buy fuel at a race track that might not see much action or turn over on the fuel, I would suggest filtering the fuel before you pour it into the car.

I do not think you would find this from any quality normal street station that has a high turn over and constant fresh fuel in the tanks.

Be sure to use a trusted source for your fuel!
Anthony @ LG Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote