View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 12:26 PM   #18
JDP Tech

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/RS 429 LSX/F1X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
After a while I can't even tell I have the Pfadt mounts. They started off almost unbearable, but either I got use to them or they softened up. But from vids of my engine from dyno pulls the engine doesn't move at all.
Yeah, after being installed for a bit, they will loosen up a little more. Plus you probably got used to them more.

Really they aren't very bad, they do increase noise and vibration a little, but the benefits far outway this. They use graphite-impregnated polyurethane bushings for long life and performance.
They give the engine excellent mounting, won't allow it to rock back and forth which may cause hood interference, or damage to other parts. If you have a cam, they will actually cause the car to shake a little less (more mass for the engine to shake). They will also actually improve throttle and power response, since the engine doesn't use power and time to twist the engine until the stock mounts hold it back. If you have a cam and/or make big power, these are a must IMO.

With our free shipping, the Pfadt Engine Mounts cost about the same as those fake Pfadt mounts, plus they look much better, and you get an actual quality part!
JDP Tech is offline   Reply With Quote