View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
Sean@Phastek

Drives: 2010 Camaro X5 Turbo
1/4 mile update: 11.50 @ 126 mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboneticsSL View Post
Wow, that centered exhaust actually look pretty good. Good job!
Thanks, right now there are no mufflers, so it's a little raspy around 2k rpms with no cats. We'll be putting mufflers on there soon tho, and pulling the tips in a little more, I think they are sticking out a little too far right now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerB57 View Post
So how was the install, everything fairly straight forward no big issues? What guages are you running?
Install was great, all bolt on stuff. The kit comes with step by step instructions and detailed pictures. Right now I have the a temporary AEM wideband set on the dash for tuning. Auto Meter Elite gauges are on order (the gauges that change colors at high/low thresholds), they should be here next week and those are going in the Auto Meter dual gauge pod on the pillar. I will be using Vac/Boost and Fuel Pressure gauges for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969to2010 View Post
these are by far the best pictures of the kit posted I have seen, I made the same numbers basically with a canned tune, Im looking foward to a " real tune " still not sure of deleting the cats @ Sean did you get a smell from the cat deletes ? Im probably adding ARH shortys soon and debating weather to catless or get the PI catalytic cats for boosted cars

adding a ZL1 fuel pump next im not looking to go over 600 right now
Keep us updated on how yours turns out. No smell from the cat-delete pipes, other than the initial burn off from the residue inside. That was gone in a minute or two though. Let me if the ARH shorties fit this kit.

We did some 1/4 mile testing on Saturday. With an easy 3,200 rpm launch on the Nitto NT555R drag radials, we got an 11.50 @ 126 mph with a 1.91 60'.

Not bad for cruising down the track. Picked up 1.5 seconds and 15 mph over the 13.0@111 mph we initially ran in this car when it was stock.

Sean@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote