View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
So I was getting a ride home from physical therapy (just had knee surgery last week on my clutch leg--perfect timing, huh?) and was going to call the dealer for an order status update when I got home when, out of nowhere, the phone rings. It's the salesman at my dealer calling to tell me my car has been built! I semi-jokingly told him I was hoping the call wouldn't come for a couple more weeks, since I won't be able to drive manual for at least a few more (hopefully no more than that). I couldn't believe it. Last I heard, around 4/17, I was still at 3000 and they were going to call back the next week with an update, but never did. Unlike most of you, I'm hoping it DOES take a few weeks to get here, like the dealer originally told me, so I'll be well enough to drive it home the day it arrives. 'Think I might be going in for physical therapy more often now; LOL!

They forgot to look up the event code and VIN for me, but said they would look that up tomorrow. 'Called the 800 number, but they couldn't tell me either one; 'just confirmed that it had been built and is being shipped, so I guess I'm at 4000 or 4200 (?). I'm getting anxious now, to say the least!

BTW, I was #6 of 24 at my dealer and ordered on 11/14--black/black 2SS/RS manual.

Congrats man! Did they say when they expect delivery?
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote