View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
Z71456

Drives: Camaro
Thank you all for your replies. I really appreciate it. I honestly think the only reason that the shop put that small of a pulley on was because maybe that was all they had. I don't know, but that was the impression I got at the time.

Quote:
3.2 is way too much boost without a BAP or dual pump.

My guess is it's running out of fuel and casuing it to detonate, and that's the knock/timing pull you you are seeing.

On your setup I'd not go beyond a 3.6 until you can meet the fuel demands.

I don't know if your aeroforce guage can display fuel pressure but I'd make sure you aren't seeing a drop in fuel pressure first.

I'm thinking you are playing with fire if you are running the stock fuel system.
I do have fuel pressure and the pressure does go down at WOT of course, but not too low at all. When the tuning was done, the car was not running out of fuel or at a dangerous level. They spent a few hours on tuning and absolutely made sure of that. The fuel pump is however at it's max and I was planning on doing a dual pump, but I wanted to address this issue first. Since the engine isn't running out of fuel, then that isn't my problem right now, nor do I have any problems, YET. I know the car should have a fuel system upgrade and I plan on it, but I just wanted to get some opinions from tuners and others with maggie/header combo on pulley size.

Thank you. I'm thinking that I'm already going to email the shop and get something done about this.
Magnacharger TVS2300 / Roto-Fab CAI / ACT Twin-disc clutch + flywheel / Livernois Motorsports Duel Fuel Pump / Modified stock engine cover / ARH 1-7/8 Long Tube Headers + High Flow cats / Magnaflow 3" Cat-back / Eibach Springs / Pfadt Sway Bars / Stillen slotted/drilled rotors, hard lines and Hawk pads / Barton Short-Shifter / CBD Spoiler / GM Heritage Grill / Forgestar F14 20x11/20x9 Matte Black / Nitto NT05 Tires 565WHP/570TQ
Z71456 is offline   Reply With Quote