View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #284
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro21 View Post
Thanks for the info on the clutch. I will wait to see how it goes for you at the strip. My MAX-CX clutch is not the issue, it's the POS Slave Cylinders/Throwout Bearings that keep coming apart. I have been through about 6 or 7 slave cylinders since I have had my Camaro (August 2009). This last one was ok until I took it to the strip this past weekend, now I get a loud squealing noise in neutral with the clutch pedal out. I am sure it's another slave cylinder/throwout bearing. Let me know once you hit the strip a few passes on how the clutch does.

As far as the BMR LCA's, I haven't had ANY rubbing at all with the Welds.

Here is a picture of one of them that came out a few months back. This is what they have all looked like coming out.

My theory is the ZR1 CX Max gets the extra clamping power from different weighting and this is requiring more force to disengage the clutch. This would put more stress on the hydrolics, especially on quick high rpm shifts. Also any slight warping the of plates would make disengagement point worse. I'm banking on the fact the carbon triple is so much easier on the hydrolics and plates can't warp. Also, upgraded throwout bearing is installed on the stock slave... Adressing your issue. Time will tell.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote