View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #19
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
I would expect the Camaro to beat most of these other V6 cars! I really hope that the next gen V6 has the same or more HP but lighter so it can beat a lot more cars.

P.S: I mean no disrespect, some people get offended by comments such as the one I just made, but if you look at my profile, I don't even have a car. I just really wish the V6 Camaro could pull better numbers.
Keep in mind that while we aren't the fastest stock, besides the Mustang we have the best aftermarket support around. 3 years in and we have a car that is deep into the 11s and might break 10s without being gutted! We have a lot of FI kits and mods.
I used to have a Maxima, which is about the same as an Accord when it comes to aftermarket support. We didn't even have one legit turbo kit 10 years into the generation's life cycle. Less than a 1/5 of the aftermarket parts available to our V6s as well, maybe even less.
FWD also sucks to drive in comparison to RWD. RWD is so much smoother, predictable, the list goes on. A stock V6 with the RS package right off the showroom floor handles better than any Accord, Maxima or any FWD sedan could ever hope to.
The other v6 cars in the price range of our V6s that beat us, get trumped in every other performance category. It is very similar to the ZL1 and GT500 comparisons. Except in this situation the GT500 is a FWD Sedan, further weakening the desirability.
Not trying to trash FWD V6 cars, just saying that all they can really hold over your head is slightly faster stockish/bolt on 1/4 times and 4 doors, maybe MPG too.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote